Monday, July 28, 2008

Restaurant Week!

This week is Restaurant Week around Baltimore. Although I enjoy cooking and dining at home (and do so 360+ days per year!), I plan on taking full advantage of the opportunity to try out a few new places for their three-course, prix fixe menus for $30.08. The first place we decided to try was The Wine Market, located in the up & coming hip neighborhood near Federal Hill, known as SoHa (South Harbor) . The first thing we do at a place called The Wine Market, was choose a wine. With the help of the salesguy, and for an additional $9 corking fee, we found the perfect Chilean Malbec, Terra Andina, for $18. Our $30 dinners were incredible! Beginning with my purple Peruvian vichyssoise w/lemon Chantilly and Mr Festival's salmon tartare served w/ homemade salt & vinegar potato crisps...yum! For entrees I had their roasted rockfish served over rice beans, heirloom cherry tomatoes and asparagus tips w/ charred sweet corn emulsion and corn shoots (although, I hate to admit...I didn't notice these?). Mr. Festival chose the grilled sirloin served with a blackberry demiglace, fennel and bacon gratin, as well as paddy pan squash on the side. For dessert I chose the lavender fig bread pudding w/ amaretto cram and toasted almond toffee crumble (more like a nut brittle...again, yum!) and MF (as I sometimes affectionately refer to Mr Festival) decided to try the hazelnut devils food layer cake w/ a Bing cherry mouse. All the fresh, in-season ingredients were wonderfully combined. Every bite was like having a little party in my mouth. This is definitely a place I see myself coming back to...especially when the weather is nicer (there were storms in the area this evening) to dine on their courtyard patio. And since they offer 15% off wines to go...we picked up another bottle of Terra Andina!

No comments:

Post a Comment